Meeting . . . Zach Beauchemin, Class of 2025

“Meeting…” is an ongoing series featuring people from all parts of the high school community (inspired by the NYT Open series of the same name).

What are your pronouns?
I use he/him pronouns.

Which class/year are you in?
I am a sophomore.

What is a job/title/role you identify as?
I identify as a student of Hopkinton High School. Over the summer, I work with my grandpa. I also help out at the baseball fields.

What does that mean to you?
I take being a student here very seriously and try to work as hard as I can all the time. I do my work on time. Spending time with my grandpa was pretty fun.

After all the remote schooling, where do you do schoolwork these days?
I often do schoolwork in school before practice. I try to get it done before so that I don’t have to do anything when I get home. If it’s not done, I usually do my work in my room. Or, I do it during a study or during a Flex Block, which I think is a great addition to our schedules.

How do you start your day?
I usually start my day by waking up at around 6:00 A.M. I get dressed and eat breakfast. If my mom is still home, I’ll have eggs. If not, I will have cinnamon toast crunch. After that, I brush my teeth and get on the bus at 6:50 A.M, which is pretty early.

What is something you’ve spent a lot of time on recently that really interests you?
I’ve been playing soccer a lot lately with the team. It takes up most of my time, so I am not doing much else.

Tell us about a project/accomplishment/hobby/goal, in or out of school, you’ve worked on and you’re especially proud of.
Last year, my grades were not the best and I wasn’t putting as much time into schoolwork as I could have been. My parents were pretty upset with a few of my grades, so lately, I have been trying to do better. I do my work more efficiently and so far, I feel like I’m doing better. I mostly took my own initiative because I knew I had to do better.

What was your favorite subject and why?
My favorite subject last year was definitely physics. I really liked the class because Mr. Graeber was a fun teacher.

What is something most people don’t know about you?
I actually have a brother. He is in eighth grade. He has red hair, his name is Andrew.

What is your secret to happiness?
My friends make me happy, and I am just glad I have them. They are always making me smile and helping out the community.

What is your superpower?
I am very supportive of my peers and will try to help them in any way that I can. For example, my friend was struggling with the math study guide today and I helped him work through the problem that he was stuck on.

Who or what inspires you?
I would say my soccer captain Pete inspires me because he is a very good captain and keeps the team together.

Who is your role model?
Carlos Henkle (HHS junior) is my role model because he is a great [soccer] player and student.

What is your best advice for your fellow students?
Just make sure that you do all your work. Homework may not seem like a big grade, but down the line, it will help you a lot on tests and other assessments.