Past Students Give Advice to Graduating Seniors

By Paige McDermott
    Many seniors at Hopkinton High School are planing to further their education at a college or university. Applying to colleges is the most stressful thing about senior year for many students. Once the acceptance letters start coming in, students must decide which college to attend, which is often a stressful or difficult decision. When the decision is finally made and the deposits are sent in, many students try to get any advice they can about what to expect from college.  Past HHS students Alicia McDermott, Victoria Tuite, Ben Aitken, and Katie Kinney share advice based on their college experience.

Victoria Tuite, a sophomore at Bentley University, shared, “Important skills are, that you have to be very diligent in doing your work because if you don’t you are going to get behind really, really quick. Also you need to be willing to challenge yourself because classes aren’t going to be easy by any means.”

Many students who decide to go to college are faced with the challenge of how to chose and schedule their classes. Ben Aitken, a sophomore at Quinsigamond Community College, stated, “Pick classes around your major, and do classes that interest you so you will go to the classes.” Having a roommate can also be a challenge for college students. “It helps living situations if you are friends with them, so if you can develop a friendship great, but not everyone gets along. So just be respectful of their things and space and if they respect you everything should work out,” said McDermott.