Hillers Take Thursday By Storm

Girls Softball:
Hillers 18 @ Millis 0
Girls Tennis:
Hillers 3 @ Holliston 2
Boys Lacrosse:
Hillers 17 @ Arlington 8
Boys Baseball:
Hillers 12 @ Millis 7

Hiller Athletics had a great day, April 30th, with all four varsity teams reeling in a ‘W’ for the school.

It started with the 7-1 girls softball team taking on Millis for an 18-0 win. The girls quickly got in control of the game with senior pitcher Juliet Hulme throwing 3 perfect innings and added 7 strike outs. Junior Bri Mirabile threw 2 innings and allowed only 2 hits and 4 strikeouts in relief. Senior Kayla Sullivan went 2 for 3 at the plate and added a grand-slam and 5 RBI in the win.

Girls tennis visited rivals Holliston with a 7-0 overall record. #1 seed Olivia Anderson and #2 seed Zoe Komodromos both won their single matches, while the #1 the doubles pair of Sydney and Laney Emerson won 6-1, 6-1, in two sets, helping the ladies to a 3 matches to 2 victory.

Boys lacrosse travelled to Arlington needing a win to get back on track. By a score of 17 to 8 the Hillers beat the Indians with senior Chase Lampert and sophomore John Katz both scoring their first varsity goals. Also, junior Connor Murphy impressively netted 6 with 1 assist.

Boys baseball went to Millis hoping to bounce back from a midweek loss. They quickly jumped to an 8 run lead after 2 innings, behind junior Jack Vaccari and sophomore Alex Reynolds at the plate. They took the game 12-7 with starting pitcher Tom Onsi getting his first varsity win.