Hiller Boys Track Dominates Rival Medfield

Photos and Article By Hannah Krueger
After losing the Tri Valley League title to Medfield in the final meet of last year’s indoor season, the boys track team crushed Medfield on Monday, December 19 with a score of 68 to 18, and improved their record to 4-0.

“Beating Medfield felt great,” said senior captain Ryan Webster, “The team has been working really hard, and to come out with a competitive Tri Valley League win against the team that took the title last year is always fulfilling.”

First place finishes came from Joey McNulty in the hurdles and dash, Andrew Johnson in the 600m, Patrick Levenson in the 2 mile, Jack Ryan in the high jump, Josh Hacunda in the 300m, Tim Bolick in the one mile, Corey Branch in the 1000m, and Ryan Bohlin in the shot put.

Jack Ryan’s success in the high jump as well as Tim Bolick’s in the mile are top performances in the Tri Valley League this season.

“I think with the depth of our returning varsity and the many younger athletes stepping up on our team, we could have a good chance at the title with continuing perseverance,” stated Webster, “With Medfield taken care of, Westwood and Norton seem to be our biggest competition for the rest of the season.”

After securing this victory, the team looks forward to a successful season and possible TVL title.  The team’s next meet is at home on Wednesday, January 4 at 3:30 pm against Medway.

Senior, Josh Hacunda, races to hand the baton off to the next runner to complete the 4x400 relay in 3:51:8. By: Hannah Krueger
View Comments (1)