Meeting… Holly Paharik, Student-Athlete, Equestrian, and Class of 2025

“Meeting…” is an ongoing series featuring people from all parts of the high school community (inspired by the NYT Open series of the same name).

Caroline DeSimone

Holly Paharik, sophomore at Hopkinton High School

What are your pronouns?

She/Her

Which class/year are you in?

Class of 2025.

What is a job/title/role you identify as?

A student-athlete.

What does that mean to you?

It means I have to learn how to balance my academics and sports. I think that I have been doing pretty well. It’s been hard, but I think I’ve been doing a good job.

How long have you been part of the high school?

Two years.

After a year and a half of partially remote schooling, where do you do schoolwork these days?

Just in my kitchen

How do you start your day?

I make my bed, and I have a bagel for breakfast.

What is something you’ve spent a lot of time on recently that really interests you?

I have spent a lot of time on my swing in softball because it’s something that you can never perfect. I am striving for consistency.

Tell us about a project/accomplishment/hobby/goal, in or out of school, you’ve worked on and you’re especially proud of.

I’m proud of receiving [the title] Hiller of the Month last year because it is not just about who you are as an athlete but who you are as a person.

What was your favorite subject and why?

English, because I think I am a good writer.

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I ride horses two to three days a week.

What is your secret to happiness?

Honestly, food, because I think that if you eat good and if you eat enough and healthy you’re just a happy person. I can eat a bagel for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and not be upset.

What is your superpower?

My superpower is probably confidence because I’m not afraid to be who I am around people who are older than me or people who I think might not like me. I learned that from my brother, Nick.

Who or what inspires you?

My brother also probably inspires me because he is always nice to everyone around him and believes in having fun and finding the good in people, and I think that that is something to strive for.

Name one thing you’re excited about right now.

I am excited about Christmas because I love the holidays, I love Christmas music, and my birthday is near Christmas.

What is your best advice for your fellow students?

Don’t make any enemies because life is too short to hate other people.