Superintendent Jonathan Landman Announces Resignation

Dr. Jonathan Landman prepares himself for his final few days as superintendent of the Hopkinton Public Schools. Photograph by Blair Guild.

By: Blair Guild
As of midday Friday May 25, 2012, the public became aware that the Hopkinton School Committee is in receipt of the resignation of superintendent Dr. Jonathan Landman, to be effective June 30th.

After only one short year as superintendent, his resignation comes as a shock to many students, educators, and administrators for the Hopkinton public school system.

In an email first sent to the Hopkinton school system staff members and later to the parents of Hopkinton students, Dr. Landman expressed that he is “grateful to have had the opportunity to work within this strong public school system with wonderful staff, students and community leaders who share his commitment to educational excellence, innovation, and the well-being of young people.”

Dr. Landman also stated that it’s important to “recognize that his style and strengths have not been a good fit with the expectations and approach of the Hopkinton School District.”

When asked to comment further on his resignation, Dr. Landman responded that “The only public statement that will be made is the one issued via email to staff a short time ago. All press inquiries are being directed to the Chair of the School Committee.”