Exciting Steps for Future Alumnae

By Olivia Casella and Meghan Clark

(Hopkinton)- In a year marked by big changes, Hopkinton High School senior girls will soon go their separate ways. They will be staying as close as Framingham and traveling to as far as California. The students will prepare to live life on their own where they will gain new knowledge and will experience life as an adult. Many of the senior girls have based their decisions off of the feeling they got when walking onto campus, others on the change of pace and scenery of living in a new place. They will be pursuing their interests through their intended majors. Some of the girls in the Senior class will be pursuing jobs such as architecture and other will be going to school for nursing and psychology.

“ I just committed to Quinnipiac University as undecided, but I am probably going to switch into psychology. I decided on Quinnipiac because they gave the biggest merit scholarship.”
    “ I am going to the University of Oregon for architecture because they have a really good program.”
    “I am going to the University of Arizona because they have a good architecture and entrepreneurship program. My dad is also moving to Arizona and my brother currently is going to University of Arizona.”
    “I am going to Simmons College in Boston for nursing because they have a really good nursing program and have some of the best clinicals in the country.”
    “I am going to Emmanuel College in Boston. I am not sure what I am studying, either biology or elementary education. I chose this school because I wanted to go somewhere in the city because I wanted a change of pace from Hopkinton. I also wanted to play division three soccer and Emmanuel is one of the only schools that offers it.”
    “I chose Case Western Reserve University and will be in their nursing program. Thier program stuck out to me because of all the experience you get. I am also going to be playing volleyball.”
    “I am going to Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia for biology because when I walked on campus I got the feeling that it was right for me and they had a really good program for what I wanted to do.”
    “I am going to the University of Iowa for nursing because it was the first college campus that made me excited for college and made me feel the most at home.”
    “I am going to Sacred Heart University for elementary education. I chose this school for its medium size, division one sports team, and a five year program for what I want to do.”
    “I am going to Providence College and I will be majoring in psychology with the intent to go to graduate school for occupational therapy. I chose Providence College for its location and its size.”
    “I chose Howard University because I really like the city vibe of it and when I toured campus I could really see myself their. I was also really impressed by their business school.”
    “I am going to Regis College because it has a really good nursing program.”