Hiller Varsity Football Falls Behind In TVL

By Johanna Berton

The Hiller’s Varsity Football team has had a hard time improving their record this season as they lost a tough game against Medway last Friday, October 30th. The Hiller’s record is now 2-4 in the TVL and 2-6 overall.On Friday’s game, Medway started off strong, scoring three touchdowns in the first half. Showing true Hiller spirit, Hopkinton stuck with their game and proved their ability to battle. Mike Maresca scored the first touchdown of the night for the Hillers in the second quarter, making the score 21-6. During the attempt at an extra point, the ball carried left and bounced off the goalpost so the team ended up missing the point. Luckily, Hopkinton made up for the lost point later in the game; in the fourth quarter, Junior Colin Sullivan, scored his first varsity touchdown, making the score 42-12. Later in the quarter, the Hillers attempted a two-point conversion and were successful. The conversion increased the score to 42-14, which ended up making up for the missed extra point from earlier in the game. Although the Hillers ended up losing with a final score of 42-14, they stuck with Medway the entire game and never gave up, which is what makes them such a strong team.

The Hillers will play an away game next Friday, November 6th at Bellingham High School at 7pm. Their next home game is the following week (November 13th) against Dover-Sherborn at 6pm. Come and cheer the Hillers on at what are sure to be two great games.