New Restaurant Slated to Open in Hopkinton

By Sara Ottomano
The Marathon will be around all year long in Hopkinton with the opening of The Marathon Restaurant on Monday, September 28.  The restaurant will be an upscale American bistro serving a variety of food including fresh salmon and grilled pizzas.  The layout features a dining room with booth seating, a bar, and two working gas fireplaces.

Mike Tobins, the owner of the restaurant, describes the atmosphere as, “Casually upscale (with) warm, earthy tones.” The bar has ten HD televisions with different controls to accommodate the customer’s interests. The restaurant has seating for 73 people divided between a booth setting and a bar setting.  The standing room in the bar area has room to hold 60 people.

As for the intended audience, Tobins replies, “Although I am a local resident and hope to cater to Hopkinton residents, we also expect to be a destination restaurant for surrounding towns as well.” The restaurant will be located on 25 Hayward Street in Hopkinton, off of South Street near West Main Street and 495.

The menu is a diverse, ranging from grilled NY sirloin to homemade mac and cheese.   For children, a kids menu is featured including fish and chips and grilled cheese. A brunch menu will be available on Sundays.  As for pricing, lunch entrees start at $ 11.00 while dinner entrees start at $16.00 and go to $23.00.  A wine list is featured with 80 bottles ranging in price from $18.00 to $275.

For more information, email [email protected] or call 508-589-6400. More contact information regarding job positions or a fax number is available on themarathonrestaurant.com.

View Comments (3)