Upcoming Sharon Timlin Race

A banner hanging on a fence at the Hopkinton High School to promote more runners. Photo by Soumya Mehrotra

By Soumya Mehrotra
On Saturday, June 18th, the HPTA will be hosting the Sharon Timlin Memorial 5K Race to Cure Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis at 8:30 am at the high school.  The event is sponsored by the Angel Fund, the Red Sox Foundation, Good Gear, PR Running, Hopkinton Running Club, Roche Bros., and the University of Massachusetts Medical School.

Participation is limited to 1,800, and the registration deadline is midnight on June 14th.  The registration fee is $25.

The timed 1-mile race for children ages 8-10 begins at 9:45 on the Loop Road at Hopkins School.  There is a $15 entry fee, and the race is limited to 200 participants.

The Mini-Marathon has a $10 entry fee, and distances include 200 meters (for 2-5 year olds), 400 meters (for 6 year-olds) and 800 meters(for 7 year-olds). It will start at 9:45 at the Hopkinton High School track.

After the race, there will be a post-race party with live bands, food, silent auctions, raffles, and more.

Shirts can be picked up at PR Running, located at 18 Lyman Street, Westborough, MA, from noon to 7 pm on Thursday, June 16th, and from noon to 6 pm on Friday, June 17th.  On the day of the run, shirts can be picked up behind the Hopkinton High School from 7-8:30 am.

Donations of used shoes and sneakers can be dropped off at PR Running on Thursday or Friday or at FitPlanet/Earthtec booth on race day.